Saturday, May 23, 2009

230509

Enough.
What is enough?
I guess you could carve out enough as being of ample provision. If something is enough, it will satisfy your immediate need. 
Quench your thirst. 
Enough is an amount. 

So last Thursday I went to a worship and prayer evening at Westborough URC in Guildford with a guy called Sean Feucht from an organisation/movement called Burn 24/7 (http://burn24-7.com).
For me? It was amazing. Ever since that night, I have been changed...because I was in His presence...the courts of the King.

I started the night praying something that had been coming out whenever I had been writing in the approaching days of wanting a glimpse of God. Wanting to touch the hem of his garment and have a face to face encounter with Him who was and is and is to come. 
And you know how you start a night of worship with something in mind and God fulfills that in a completely different way to that which you would expect. When I think of a face to face encounter I think of seeing in my minds eye, in my spirit what Jesus looks like.
But what ended up happening for me, I think was an encounter of the heart of God. Having a revelation of just who God is and responding to the call that is upon myself and the Church as His sons and daughters.

There was a part in the evening where Sean started singing about God being more than enough. And as all 50 or so of us (some more acclimatised to the stylings of worship than others) joined in on that I started in my own space to pray out loud about God. About how He is more than enough. About how he can change a nation. A continent. This planet. In a whole day should he so choose. 
He can make the most scarlet of garments appear white as snow.  He can take a persons broken heart and restore it. 
He is more than enough to restore love and worth and identity to the 18 year who sells her body in the night in slavery. 

He is more than enough to change this city. Our city. Any city.
More than enough to shine in the darkness and poverty that lies on our doorstep.

It almost breaks my head when I think of it. 

I have more than this to say. But it's still rebounding my head and I can't wuite make sens of it just yet.

So until then.

No comments: